Our Family

Our Family
Andy,Ramsey,Bryce,Me

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

choosing today and try really super hard everyday

Family road trip to Glenwood Springs, CO


Today I am choosing to be present! I am here living in today not yesterday or tomorrow! I think I am might be coming down with a cold and feeling kinda blah . So I have decided that today I am going to own it! So today is a little less pep in my step and umph in my thoughts, but its okay! I am not going to change or try to change it.

There is something very liberating about becoming present in your own moments. I haven't been able to understand or even comprehend this until recently. Since I have, I have to admit I LOVE IT! It is the best feeling. I really wish I could do it everyday all day. It is just still not that easy for me, however the times I do it's enjoyable. The fun thing about learning this is to encourage others to try and teach our kids. I like when I say something to Andy about being present and his comment to me is "you sure are keeping it real huh?" and I just smile. That's right because what is real is now and you have a hard time seeing it if your not there! I think it becomes entirely exhausting trying to cheer or perk myself up daily so being present it is today!

“The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instruments and expression of God Himself.”


~kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment